Rene went to the doctor this morning, and they scheduled a date for the c-section!!! Friday, July 10th will be the big day...the day we finally get to meet our precious Norah!!! However, I'm wondering if she will even make it that long- Rene is already 1-2cm dilated and 50% effaced, so I figure Andrew and I better get that infant car seat installed ASAP and get some bags ready!!! AAAAAHHHHHH, I am excited beyond words!!! The fact that it will be on a Friday is unusual (and wonderful for Andy's work situation). We will likely be driving to Houston the evening of Wed, 7/8, meeting Rene for the first time on Thurs, 7/9, and then the c-section will be Friday. We found out that we will be required to stay in TX (meaning Houston in our case) until all ICPC paperwork goes through, which usually takes a week. We'll be able to take her home from the hospital before then, but we can't bring her across state lines until inter-state paperwork goes through in both TX and LA. Thus, we may make it back to Lafayette on Sat, 7/18, or Sun, 7/19?
We will definitely keep everyone posted- by the way, I will start making a LOT more blog posts than mass emails ;-)
A prayer for Norah based on Psalm 139:13-18 "Lord, we are so thankful that you created Norah's inmost being; you knit her together in her mother's womb. I praise you because she is fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Her frame was not hidden from you when she was made in the secret place. When Norah was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw her unformed body. All the days ordained for precious Norah are written in your book before one of them comes to be. How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand."
Three more weeks..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh My Gosh! I am so excited for you both and I will be praying for baby Norah and you and Andy. YAY!!!
ReplyDeleteWOW - so excited for you guys!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! If you need a place to come stay while away from the hospital, we are here! Where will she deliver?
ReplyDeleteThat is so exciting! It brings tears to my eyes to think of the joy you and Andy are about to embrace. Love to you both! - Sarah
ReplyDeleteThanks!! Misty- she will deliver at OakBend Medical center in Richmond. And thanks for the offer- we're still figuring all that out- so much- but so exciting! I don't know if I want to stick a newborn baby on you to bring chaos to your house! =)
ReplyDeleteCan you even imagine how different (and fabulous) your life will be in just over a week?! I am so excited for the both of you. As lucky as you are to have a little girl, Norah is just as lucky to have such wonderful parents! Love you both! Abby
ReplyDelete