Wow, what a surreal experience getting to speak to the birth mother for the first time last Tuesday... What could I really say to express what I was feeling? She is absolutely giving us the most precious gift of all (and I told her that and we both got teary) but how do you say that with meaningful enough words?? It seems virtually impossible.
I spoke with her for about 40min and she was very, very sweet- she seems very excited for us (she told me, "have your family there, have the camera ready, bring the camcorder!, children are such a blessing" etc). She also still seems confident in her decision to place her baby girl with us. She said she and the birth father are both positive that they chose the right family when they chose us. And there was such a 'God incidence' involved in them choosing us, too (not suprising!!): she said that when they were given ~50 profiles of waiting adoptive familes (from the agency) to choose from, they were 'accidentally' given two of ours, so when they had each looked at them and were ready to discuss who they thought they should choose, they BOTH had our profile in their hands! Just amazing... She told me about her other four kids; what they like to do, what their passions are. She told me where she and the birth father are from. And she also said that she would like me and the birth father to be in the operating room for the birth, which is AWESOME!!! I will get to see this miracle up close and get to see baby 'Norah' right away!!!!!
Please continue to pray for the birth mother and father and of course, Norah. Pray that she would be able to hold off until the c-section date next Friday. WOW- next Friday, Andrew and I will be parents. We'll be leaving for Houston next Wed, and Andrew's aunt and uncle are letting us stay in their home while we are there for probably over week. You two are wonderful- thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear ..." 1 John 4:18. The Bible says that God is love, and He alone is the reason that Andrew and I have no fear as we enter this next week of meeting the birth parents and becoming parents ourselves! He truly has given us peace that passes all understanding, because we have seen how He has provided, strengthened, and prepared us for each step of this process, and we have full confidence and peace in the fact that He will continue to do so.
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh I can't wait!! Congratulations :)
ReplyDeleteWe are so very excited for your precious family and the addition of baby Norah. We can't wait to see pictures and hear all the news. Blessings from the Virginia Hasslers.
ReplyDeleteOh Marianne and Andy... I am so stinkin' excited for you both! What a blessing y'all had such a great conversation. I would love to bring y'all a meal when you are here in Houston. Let me know... 832-334-2195. I am praying for y'all and Norah.
ReplyDeleteI'm absolutely enamored with the name! Can't wait till October.
ReplyDeleteBest,
Rob
Great stuff!!! We're excited for you and Andy!
ReplyDelete