Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Tough Step

I turned in my letter of resignation last Friday, June 12th, giving my boss 3 weeks notice. Though I have absolutely LOVED working with and supervising the tutors, desk workers, and lab workers in the Learning Center, I feel it is my calling to stay at home with the soon-to-arrive Norah Jane. It is a tough step to take because I will miss the students and my Junior Division co-workers greatly, but I know I will never regret the time I will be spending investing myself in loving my child and my husband. I pray that a new Learning Center Coordinator would be found quickly and that the transition would be as smooth as possible for the sake of the students who work here- how fantastic they truly are!

Only about 3.5 more weeks until the baby arrives!!! Rene is 35 weeks tomorrow and will have another appt with the doctor tomorrow as well. We trust there will be good news! It is almost impossible to wrap my mind around all of the changes that are about to take place, but yet I feel ready and am more delighted than I can express to see what the future has in store.

Train up a child in the way he should go, Even when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6. Andrew and I only have one chance to do this right and to love Norah with all of our hearts, and I believe that for us at least, that means me staying at home.

2 comments:

  1. Marianne, I'm so excited for you and Andy...Congratulations!!! Norah is so blessed already to have such loving parents awaiting her arrival.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll never regret the decision you've made regarding your Norah. Those moments when they are little are precious and they go quickly. Savor each of them!!! Enjoy your time home with the new little one. I can't wait for that great day to be here for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete