Well, I guess the next step in our journey to a child is to be back in Houston! Andy received word that he will be transferred to an ETC team at Chevron that does reservoir modeling- starting January 4th right after the holidays. Wow...I have to admit that it's difficult to move this much, but I know he won't have to do this his whole career- this may be the last move we do for a good number of years. It almost feels like we were just getting fully settled here! But we are so grateful to be moving back to Katy, where we have a wonderful group of friends that we left 2.5 years ago, and a great church home as well. We will miss friends in Lafayette and East Bayou tremendously! I feel especially bad about the fabulous friends here in Lafayette who have been so supportive about this adoption; threw us a shower, supported us when the bad news came (twice), and now I feel like I'm abandoning them before an adoption even happens :( I am so incredibly sorry. We will definitely have to come back to visit.
We can already see that it will be a positive thing to be back in the Houston area as far as the whole adoption situation is concerned, though. We'll be close enough to the agency to have the opportunity to meet the next birth mom in person before we agree to a match, and to form more of a relationship with her (if that's what she wants). We're still earnestly praying that one of the two unmatched birth moms (due in April and May) will choose us...
We went and looked at houses this past weekend, and found three that we really like. We put in an offer on the biggest of the three (in Cinco) on Monday evening, but the seller's realtor got back to us yesterday and said they can't agree to a close date of 1/5 (which is what we need- we're not allowed to close until 2010). So, we made an offer on our other favorite last night (in Grand Lakes)- we'll see what they say today!
Katy and Kingsland, here we come!!!
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Congrats on the house, lady! Hope the transition is a smooth one for you.
ReplyDeleteI left you an award on my blog page. Go check it out! :)
We continue to pray for you! You are a rock!
ReplyDelete