Wow, GOD IS SO FAITHFUL!!!!!!! We got the news this morning that a birth mother CHOSE US!!!!!!! She is due with a precious baby girl at the beginning of July!! It is impossible to express how ecstatic we are!!!
“I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands.” Psalm 63:4
We knew that our profile had been shown to one birth mother twice (3/19 and 3/26), but we thought maybe she had chosen someone else because we hadn’t heard anything, so I emailed the social worker this morning, and she emailed back (and then we spoke on the phone) and she said that the woman had just chosen us!!!
It is amazing to think back now on the initial despair when I was told as a teenager that I would never have children, but even then, I felt as though God was whispering to me that He had a different plan for me, and now it is coming to fruition…
"The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies. The cords of death entangled me; the torrents of destruction overwhelmed me. The cords of the grave coiled around me; the snares of death confronted me. In my distress I called to the LORD; I cried to my God for help. From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came before him, into his ears." Psalm 18:2-6
She does not want to meet with us until much closer to the due date (maybe only right before). The description of her that we have is that she is 5’4” and 130lbs with brown hair and hazel eyes. There is so much to be thankful for: she has not been doing any scary drugs/alcohol during the pregnancy, there is no known history of mental illness in her or the birth father’s family, and both she and the birth father are being counseled through the agency and both are certain that they want to give the baby up for adoption! This is a HUGE PRAISE, because to have all three of the afore-mentioned situations is pretty rare!!!
Please pray for health for our developing baby over the next 3 months, for patience, preparation, and wisdom for us, and for the emotional and physical well-being of the birth mother and father.
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6
Thank you for all of the prayers that have already been lifted up for us- we are eternally grateful, and we know God had this baby girl chosen for us all along!!!!
“Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth. Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs. Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.” Psalm 100
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Praise Jesus! Our other friends found out a couple weeks ago they are getting a baby girl due 6/6/09!! God is so faithful, and we are so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, guys! :) So excited for you!!! God is good...ALL the time! :) Keep us posted and can't wait to see pics of your li'l princess when you get her! Hugs from Denver!
ReplyDeleteAgain, I just sit here and cry tears of joy thinking about how awesome our God is. I am so happy for you! I can't wait to meet your little miracle. I'll be praying for you all.
ReplyDelete-Andrea
Yay!!! I am so happy for you guys! I'll be keeping you all in my prayers. So much to be thankful for!
ReplyDeleteYay! So much to be thankful for. I'll definitely be praying for ALL of you!
ReplyDeleteCongrats to both you and Andy. Can't wait to talk to you more about it. Definitely an answered prayer!!!!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats to both you and Andy...definitely an answered prayer!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I'm so happy for you two!
ReplyDelete